Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Blog Post #6: Someone else's EOTO

I wanted to talk about the evolution of motion pictures. As someone who really loves movies, I wanted to look at my group members' presentation and really see the history of motion pictures. I thought it was interesting that the original version of the kinetoscope was thought of as a toy for children to play with. While I absolutely love movies I also understand the negative effect that it had on the theater and plays around the world. However, I do find it somewhat interesting that the US movie scene is so popular internationally. The US movie market and production is so incredibly dominant worldwide. Other countries certainly make movies, but it seems as though they essentially can't break into the market due to the fact that the US movie industry is essentially a monopoly. Some of the biggest celebrities on the planet today are American movie stars and I don't think this is a coincidence. The fact that the American movie scene is so dominant and popular across the globe is what makes stars like The Rock, Robet DeNiro, Tom Hanks, and Robert Downey Jr household names all across the globe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

     I think it is more important than ever in this day and age to make sure you have boundaries and limits to the levels in which you let t...